Town of Potsdam Supervisor: Ann Carvill
Potsdam Town Hall
The Town Hall is open between the hours of 9 AM - 4 PM, with limited access. Enter through the front door only. There is a dropbox at the front of the building.
It is recommended that you call ahead for appointments.
SUPERVISOR ANN CARVILL 315-265-4310 TOWN CLERK CINDY GOLIBER 315-265-3430
ASSESSOR JAMES McGUIRE 315-265-2810 HIGHWAY JOHN KELEHER 315-265-3470
CODE ENFORCEMENT JEFF MURRAY 315-265-0670 TOWN COURT 315-265-4318
- The public can contact the Assessor, Clerk, Code Officer and the Supervisor via telephone, email, or by making an appointment to have an in-person meeting.
- Masks are required by those entering the Town Hall and well as by Town Officials who have set up meetings with the public.
- Social distancing is required.
- A plastic divider will separate Town official and the public.
- Extra face masks are currently available should one be needed by a visitor.
- All pre-scheduled meetings between Town officials and members of the public will be held in the Community Room.
- The drop box and the vestibule continue to be available to the public.
COVID-19 Mortgage Wellness Check – Free Help is Available for NYS Homeowners – Don't Delay
Now is the time to get your mortgage checked at no cost to see what options are available. A record number of homeowners in New York State have fallen behind on their payments during the COVID-19 crisis. Many homeowners are in temporary forbearance agreements with their servicers. Others who have missed payments may have direct agreements with their lenders or just be behind in payments. State and federally imposed foreclosure moratoria will end for many homeowners in June. These and other types of forbearance and deferral plans are only temporary solutions.
The NYS Office of Attorney General Leticia James has been funding non-profit housing counseling and legal services programs to provide services to homeowners in every county of the state since 2012 under its Homeowner Protection Program (HOPP). These services are provided to homeowners at no cost and generally regardless of a homeowner’s income.
HOPP agencies are specially trained to know the various programs and to work individually with homeowners and their mortgage servicers to get back on track. New local, state, and federal relief may be available to provide cash assistance to homeowners. Be wary of scammers asking you to pay for help. New York State provides these services at no cost through the HOPP network. The goal is to keep New York State homeowners in their homes. Services are also available for transition and non-retention options if homeownership is no longer affordable. Whatever your situation, homeowners have a right to remain in their homes throughout the foreclosure process.
Call the NYS HOPP Toll-Free Hotline at 1-855-HOME-456 (1-855-466-3456) or go to HomeownerHelpNY.org to get connected with a non-profit housing counseling or legal services program in your area.
For FB posts, make sure the homeownerhelpny.org link generates a preview:
- The NYS Office of the Attorney General’s Homeowner Protection Program (HOPP) has helped over 120,000 homeowners statewide in mortgage foreclosure, tax foreclosure, and with deed theft and other scams. Whatever your situation, you have a right to remain in your home through the foreclosure process. Contact the NYS HOPP Toll-Free Hotline at 1-855-HOME-456 (1-855-466-3456) or go to HomeownerHelpNY.org. Assistance is free of charge to all homeowners.
- Rehab Spot, a free web guide about substance use, addiction, and treatment
- St. Lawrence County Needs Assessment (Please take a moment to take the following survey.) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe0U4vCqQAINgqIcg4wCifL0AThsEV4nkecKOhe9JHUKtG-Vw/viewform
- Please note that the St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce has introduced a tool kit for re-opening small businesses; follow this link - https://www.visitstlc.com/covid-19
- Also, the SUNY Canton Small Business Development Center can provide a wide range of information and assistance on the SBA's COVID-19 assistance program including filing an application for PPP forgiveness; follow this link: https://www.canton.edu/sbdc
- Last but not least, the St. Lawrence County Industrial Development Agency is an excellent source of information, especially on financing; follow this link - https://slcida.com